Lele

Lele
It's me!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Lazy Days!

You would think that I would have gotten something accomplished due to Tropical Storm Fay, but not a think...just a cramp in my neck from resting to much! I did absolutely nothing. I guess you can say it was a bit of rebellion....but who do I hurt myself. I did not one chore...and I could have done a few! I guess I have no reason to complain next week when I am behind. What pathetic beings we can be at times! Isaiah is always telling me to relax and I did just that...I had a hard time at first... a bit grumpy because I needed to get some things done at work and the office was closed....Finally realized God was in control..."imagine that??" Hey, I definitely believe that God was in this storm, I love it when he amazes, those meterologists, with all their snazzy little tracks. Then the stall that totally perplexed them..."hello?????" He is God!!!! Florida obviously needed rain...rain does prepare the ground for seed....is our land not dry and thirsty? Naturally, spiritually???? We have had some issues in Florida...so perhaps it was a cleansing rain??? Just some thoughts....

I love God....we must get to know Him! We must know the Character of God then we will learn how to respond in every situation. There are seasons in our lives we go through circumstances that force us to know His Character. I recently had a season where I have had to know Him as the God who Heals...not just physically. God heals us when we are hurt by others. Also a God or Refuge. Oh my did I learn that He was my safe place. I think about the Cities of Refuge in the Old Testament that men could run to to be safe when they were in trouble. Over the past few months I have had to run to God my place of Refuge. It was there that I found safety. It was not in my husband, kids or friends no matter how much they tried to comfort me it was in the Shadow of the Almighty. He is my place of Refuge. Thank you God for teaching me that you are my city of Refuge!!!!

No comments:

Books I Recommend

  • Power of A Praying Parent
  • Power of a Praying Wive
  • Under Authority, John Bevere
  • Release of the Spirit, Watchman Nee
  • He Speaks to Me, Priscilla Shirer

Favorites

CD's I Recommend

  • Tamela Mann Take Me to the King
  • Cody Holley's Saturate