Lele

Lele
It's me!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Post I Wrote for the Sisterhood Blog on October 10, 2012

Oh, so hey sistas and brothers who snoop on this page!! I am so excited to be a part of Celebration Sisterhood and delighted to write a blog! Thank you Pastor Kerri! I just want to share something God has been showing me lately. I have such a good time making myself available to God. God says in Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Lately God has shown me very clearly and powerfully that if you pray according to His will and make yourself available to Him, He will definitely use you.

So, I happen to be one of those girls who loves to write my prayers, it really helps me focus and not be all over the place. It is also a great way for me to leave “footprints” for my grandkids. I am hoping one of them will enjoy trying to decipher (my handwriting’s a mess) some of my journals and learn something about prayer and God. One day, I did my normal prayer journaling in the morning and it was later that night when I went back and read what I had prayed and I was blown away! I will tell you what happened before I tell you what I prayed.

Okay, so I am on my way out the doors of church when I was approached by another person who told me they had someone they wanted me to talk to, encourage, and pray with. Of course, I never would turn that down, it’s what I love to do! I returned to my office to meet with this young lady. It was an incredible experience! I was pretty excited about what God did during our time together. On the way home, I knew that this had been a divine appointment.

For some reason, on the drive home I started thinking about what I had prayed for that morning. I could not wait to get home to see what I had prayed because the experience had been so unbelievable. I raced to my journal just to see what I had asked for. I opened my journal and could not believe the prayer I had prayed. “Lord, I desire to be used more by you, I am available, I desire to be your hands and your feet. I desire to do ministry to broken girls and women. You said you would give us our heart’s desire. I ask you to put ministry in my hands.”

It was just mind boggling to me what God had done! He had answered my prayer so quickly. All because I asked according to His will and made myself available. We are His and have been created to do the works that he has prepared far in advance. Girls, I challenge you to ask God to use you daily and make yourself available to do what you are created to do. We can make a big difference in our world! We are Sisterhood!

No comments:

Books I Recommend

  • Power of A Praying Parent
  • Power of a Praying Wive
  • Under Authority, John Bevere
  • Release of the Spirit, Watchman Nee
  • He Speaks to Me, Priscilla Shirer

Favorites

CD's I Recommend

  • Tamela Mann Take Me to the King
  • Cody Holley's Saturate